Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why Walk When You Have the Subway?


A group of us walked to Subway for lunch today. It was about 1.5 miles round trip (we took a round about way). Janesse, Eric, Daniel and I walked so it combined for 6 miles total toward our team goal. It was a little warm, but not too bad.

It was nice to get outside and enjoy a walk and talk vs sitting at a table talking. Sounds like we will make it a weekly trip. So Jeanne, feel free to drive over here from corporate if you are feeling like some Subway. Our plan is to go on noon this coming Tuesday and the Tuesdays thereafter.

Brett also went with, so I must admit, our excursion did contribute a little to the competition as well.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well I walked in continuous circles in the elevator cab as it went up to the 11th floor today and I went shopping at lunch so I'm doing my part!...although I've got to remember to bring walking shoes with me - these heels are killin' me! Go Team!

BTW - I've got over 2 hours of workouts planned on Saturday!

Duerk said...

That is awesome about the elevator!

Good idea on the shoes.